Well, I am back up at Gate 1 again tonight. I can also now carry my gun on duty. I qualified Saturday with a 271 out of 300 which was plenty to qualify for the department. I also picked up my ammo tonight (.40 Caliper Smith & Wesson Jacketed hollow points), and now have my gun with me and fully loaded. So far it has been a quiet night and I hope it stays that way.
This past weekend was a great one as far as football is concerned. The Michigan Wolverines beat up on Northwestern to go to 4-2 in the Big ten and 6-3 overall, leaving a small chance that they can still win the Big Ten championship and make a good bowl game. Then on Sunday, both the New York Giants and the New England Patriots won their games. The Giants shutout the Redskins 36-0 with a dominating performance that sent them alone at the top of the NFC East (5-2, 1-1 conf.) and the Pats won a close one 21-16 over Buffalo, despite being outplayed most of the game. The Defense really stepped up and they came roaring back in the fourth with 2 touchdowns (14 pts) within a minute of each other, the second one coming off an Asante Samuel Interception leaping in front of Eric moulds which was returned to the 20. Brady did the rest by pushing it into the endzone. That leaves the Pats at the top of the AFC East with a 4-3 (1-0 conf.) record. They have a tough one this week against the still undefeated Indianapolis Colts, but get to play in front of the home crowd which just might make the difference.
Anyways, it has taken me over a 1/2 hour to write this because I got distracted checking next weeks schedules so I will go ahead and post this.
No comments:
Post a Comment