A lot has happened since I graduated Liberty University in 2002. God led my wife, Jewell and I to Calvary Chapel in Lynchburg where we were married in 2007. In the 6 years we have been there, we had our only child, Lydia (now 3), my wife has had a stroke, I have changed jobs numerous times and have stepped down from working with the youth to spend more time with my daughter in the evenings while my wife works and attends school at LGH School of Nursing.
Thursday, July 13, 2006
On Vacation!!!
I am currently on vacation with the teens of Berean Baptist. We are at Mission Fuge, or M-fuge, which is a camp with a focus on missions. So far this week has been a lot of fun and has also had a great impact on our teens. Some of them have been stretched and asked to step out of their comfort zones and serve God. Even I have been a little out of my comfort zone this week. We were all put in different groups and I am one of the ones that is not with anyone from Berean when we are on ministry sites. I am also the only one from our church that is on the Games and Recreation track. I am with a few people from Virginia though, who are from about 30 minutes from Lynchburg, so that has been cool. We just had our last day out at sites since we leave in the morning. I am looking forward to going home, since I haven't seen Jewell since we left last Saturday! I really miss her, but I know Joe probably misses Hannah a little more, since they got married 2 weeks before camp and she didn't come with us all to camp. Pray for a lasting impact on the teens lives, as several have made decisions to be more Christ-like or to serve others more often. Pray that camp isn't just a spiritual high point and that it is more of a life-long change that is made in their lives. I have been really blessed to see their hearts this week and to see some of them really grow! Well, it is about time for dinner, so I am gonna go for now. I will write more later, when I get a chance to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment