Monday, October 10, 2005

First Post in a long series of posts to come...

Right now I am working overnight at Gate 1 here at LU. For those of you who don't know, I work the graveyard shift for LUPD doing Security. I have completed all the training I can do right now, and will soon be carrying a gun while on duty, though I hope I will never have to use it, except on the range to practice. I switched to graveyard shift just over 3 weeks ago, so that I could finally have the Sunday mornings off that I was promised back in February when I started. I am on day 7 of 8 straight days with the only day off being last Sunday (Oct. 2) which can't really be counted as a day off since I am at church most of the day every Sunday. I also just finished up a 59+ hour week with overtime due to Super Conference this past week. After tomorrow night, however, I am off for 9 straight days, five of which are vacation days as I travel to New York to be the best man in my Best friend Kevin's wedding. Jewell will be traveling with me and it should be a great time to relax and have a good time, which is just what the doctor ordered.

Since this is my first post ever to a blog, feel free to look at my
other website which as always is a work in progress. I will try to keep current things posted here as I divulge the life of an Aspiring Youth Pastor. I will be kept pretty busy though as I continue to watch my White Sox enroute to becoming World Series Champs as well as watching the newest "dynasty" in the NFL, my New England Patriots as they strive to win their 4th Super Bowl in 5 Years. Go Pats!!!

No comments: