Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Last day before a needed vacation!

Well, another night up here at Gate 1. It has gone pretty good so far tonight, no major calls and oh yeah, THE YANKEES LOST!!! Being from Massachusetts I have always hated the yankees. The White Sox have always been my first team and then the Red Sox. I know, I know, I shouldn't have two teams in the same league, but at least they are in different divisions. It did make for a tough week last week though, considering the White Sox had to beat the Red Sox enroute to the ALCS where they will face the Angels starting tomorrow night. I would have liked to see the Red Sox win another one, but it is worth it to have my White Sox 4 wins from the World series and with their first series win since 1917 in the playoffs when they last won it all. It will be kind of weird not having Frank Thomas being a major factor or as of right now, a non-factor, but victory is sweet no matter how you cut it. It may be the year that both my other teams win their perspective Championships: the White Sox in Baseball and the NY Giants in Football, although I am not counting out my, defending Champions and winners of 3 out of the last 4 Super Bowls, New England Patriots. They are 3 and 2 but have beat both the Steelers and the Falcons so far this season, with yet again a long list of injured players. It will be tough for them to overcome the loss of Rodney Harrison for the year, but we lost Ty Law and Tyrone Poole last year, along with several other key guys and still managed to win another Superbowl!!! Anyways, enough rambling for now about sports, but expect more to come in the future as the season continues in football and the Playoffs go on in baseball!

No comments: