A lot has happened since I graduated Liberty University in 2002. God led my wife, Jewell and I to Calvary Chapel in Lynchburg where we were married in 2007. In the 6 years we have been there, we had our only child, Lydia (now 3), my wife has had a stroke, I have changed jobs numerous times and have stepped down from working with the youth to spend more time with my daughter in the evenings while my wife works and attends school at LGH School of Nursing.
Friday, October 28, 2005
Working all night...
...Sleeping all day. Well that pretty much describes my current work situation. I work graveyard at LUPD and work from 11PM to 7AM and then sleep until about 3 or 4PM on the average day that I work. When I have a day off the next day, which they normally come in 2's I will normally stay up and sleep that night so that I can attempt to live during first shift on my days off. That is the only way I can spend time with a lot of my friends and atleast temporarily join the normal world. I am hoping that sometime soon I won't be working the graveyard shift any longer. Actually, I hope to be a Youth Pastor, as this blog is titled, and plan someday soon to be doing that. In the mean time, I continue to work at my church volunteering as JR. High Director of the Awana program and as a youth leader on Sunday nights. Pray for me as I seek to find the place that God is preparing for me to minister to. Well that is all for tonight...more next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment